Last Updated: November 27, 2023
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) is intended to provide you with specific details about how GoDark Technologies Inc, which owns and operated godarkbags.com (“GoDark,” “we,” and “us”), collects and processes your personal and personally identifiable information through your use of its website and its associated services (collectively, the “Services”).
You understand and agree that GoDark may store and process your personal information on computers located outside of your jurisdiction, including, but not limited to, in the United States. By using the Services, you agree to the collection and processing of your personal or personally identifiable information outside of your jurisdiction.
Before using the Services or providing information to us, please carefully review this Privacy Notice. By using or accessing the Services, you agree that we may collect and use your personal and personally identifiable information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, as revised from time to time. GoDark may modify, amend, replace, or suspend this Privacy Notice at any time. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding our Privacy Notice, or if your personal information is not accurate or complete, please contact us at:
160 1917 West 4th Ave,
By providing GoDark with your personal or personally identifiable data and using the Services, you warrant that you are over the age of eighteen (18) or otherwise above the age of majority within your jurisdiction. If you are younger than eighteen (18) or the age of majority within your jurisdiction, please do not use the GoDark Services and please do not provide personal information to us.
Our Services may include links to websites or may include the use of analytics tools that are owned, operated, and maintained by third parties. GoDark does not exercise control over the privacy practices such third party websites or analytics tools, and you are encouraged to review the privacy practices of all such third-party websites or analytics tools disclosed within this Privacy Notice.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
When you use the Services, we may collect personal or personally identifiable information from you (“PII”). PII may include any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual. It does not include anonymized data.
We may collect and process the following categories of PII about you:
- Communication Data. Communication data includes any communication that you may send to us through the Services, email, or social media. We process this data to communicate with you by email or other means, to provide you with customer support, to record logs of our communication, and to store information to respond to legal claims. GoDark’s lawful ground for collecting and processing this PII is to respond to communications sent by you to us, to keep records of our communication, and to pursue or defend against legal claims.
- User Data. User data includes data about how you use the Services and any data that you post to or authorize through the Services, such as your name, address, country, phone number, and email address. This includes data stored in persistent cookies when you login to the Services and analytics data that is collected when you use the Services. We collect and process this data to operate the Services, to authenticate you as a user of the Services, to ensure that timely and relevant content is provided to you, to secure the Services, to ensure that the Services operates in a fast and efficient manner, and to maintain backups of the Services. GoDark’s lawful ground for processing this user data is its legitimate business interests in administering and offering the Services and to fulfill your orders made through the Services.
- Technical Data. Technical data includes data about your use of the Services, such as your IP address, your login data, your phone number, your mobile device model, your operating system, your geolocation, and your time zone. We may collect this data from your use of the Services and from advertising IDs. GoDark processes this data to analyze your use of the Services, to route Services traffic, to administer and secure the Services, to provide location-relevant content, and to troubleshoot problems with the Services. GoDark’s lawful ground for collecting and processing this technical data is its legitimate interests in administering and offering the Services and to grow its business and marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data. Marketing data includes data about your preferences in receiving and interacting with GoDark’s advertisements or content on the Services or on third party websites or applications. We collect this data from your use of the Services and from third party advertising IDs created through advertising programs, such as Google Advertising IDs, Facebook Advertising IDs, and TikTok Advertising IDs. GoDark does not connect advertising identifiers to persistent device identifiers, such as MAC addresses or mobile device IDs. GoDark’s lawful ground for collecting and processing this marketing data is its legitimate interests in administering and offering the Services and to grow its business and marketing strategy by providing advertisements, including remarketing advertisements, to you.
- Personally Sensitive Data. Personally sensitive data includes data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, union membership, or information about your health. GoDark does not collect personally sensitive data.
- Biometric Data. Biometric Data is any data relating to ’Biometric identifiers,’ which includes a retina or iris scan, fingerprint, voiceprint, or scan of hand or face geometry. Biometric identifiers do not include writing samples, written signatures, photographs, human biological samples used for valid scientific testing or screening, demographic data, tattoo descriptions, or physical descriptions such as height, weight, hair color, or eye color. GoDark does not collect biometric data.
GoDark will only use your PII for the purpose for which it was collected. If GoDark needs to use your PII for an unrelated, new purpose, GoDark will provide you with notice of this new use and will explain the lawful ground for such processing. GoDark may process your PII without your knowledge or consent where required or permitted by law.
How do we collect this information?
We collect PII from you through a variety of different means:
- Direct Collection. We may collect PII from you when you purchase products from our Website, register a User Account or for other services, contact us through the Website, via live chat, social media, or otherwise, respond to a survey, participate in a contest, or when you opt-in to receive marketing emails, or mailings from us.
- Third Party Tracking Tools. We use third party tracking tools, such as pixels, web beacons, and cookies, to automatically collect PII from you when you open, view, or click pages or links, emails, or advertisements. We disclose these third-party tracking tools below in this Privacy Notice in our disclosure of PII that we collect from third parties.
- Business Partners and Service Providers. We may, from time to time, obtain PII from our business partners or service providers. When we obtain PII from our business partners and service providers, we ensure that all such business partners and service providers have obtained consent from you to transfer all such PII to us for its intended uses.
- Social Media Networks and Other Platforms. We may obtain PII from you when you interact with our social media accounts or content posted on other third-party platforms, such as Facebook, X, or YouTube. For more information on how your PII may be disclosed by a particular social media network or platform, you are encouraged to review the privacy notices and policies of those platforms.
- Analytics Providers. We may also obtain PII from you through our use of third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, Klaviyo, or Gorgias. See below for a complete list of analytics services we partner with. We may create user profiles based on PII obtained through our use of PII from third-party analytics providers to better understand your wants and needs as a customer.
What information do we collect from third parties and how do we use it?
GoDark may collect data about you through cookies and other technologies. This helps GoDark understand how you use the Services and to understand any patterns that may be associated with your use of the Services. This aids GoDark in developing or improving its Services and marketing communications in response to your needs or wants.
GoDark may use session or persistent cookies. Session cookies are only stored on your computer or mobile device during your use of the Services and are automatically deleted when you close your web browser. Session cookies may be used to direct internet traffic to a server that is closer to you or to allow us to identify you as you move between pages of the Services. Persistent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device that remains on your computer or mobile device even after you close your web browser. Persistent cookies can be read by the Services that created the cookie when you revisit it again. GoDark may use persistent cookies to authenticate you when you return to the Services so that you do not have to login again or when it utilizes Google Analytics or other analytics providers, which is intended to track the origin and behavior of traffic to the Services. GoDark may use the following analytics providers, and you are directed to review their cookie policies:
Shopify to power our online store - https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
Klaviyo to manage our newsletters -https://www.klaviyo.com/legal/privacy/privacy-notice
Stamped.io to manage our customer reviews - https://www.stamped.io/privacy
PostAffiliate Pro handles our affiliate program - https://www.postaffiliatepro.com/privacy-policy/
Upfluence handles our influencer program - https://www.upfluence.com/privacy-policy
Facebook advertising partner - https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy/
Google Ads advertising partner - https://policies.google.com/privacy
Microsoft Ads advertising partner - https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/policies/legal-privacy-and-security
Google Analytics help us understand how our customers use the Site - https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Gorgias is our customer support desk - https://www.gorgias.com/legal/privacy
ShipBob - https://www.shipbob.com/privacy-policy/
AvantMetrics is used to help us understand how visitors are using our website - https://goavant.net/privacy-policy/
Yahoo Dot is used to help us understand how visitors are using our website - https://legal.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/index.html
GoDark may also receive data from third parties including analytics providers or advertising networks such as Google, Facebook, TikTok, or Apple. These third parties may be based outside of your jurisdiction.
How do we use your information for marketing communications?
As stated above, GoDark’s lawful ground for sending you marketing communications is either consent or its legitimate business interests, such as to grow its business by advertising products and services to you. GoDark may send you marketing communications if you have asked for information concerning its goods or services or if you have agreed to, and have not opted out from, receiving marketing communications. You may ask GoDark to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the Services to adjust your marketing preferences within your user account or by following the opt-out link in any marketing message sent to you. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, your opt-out does not extend to PII provided for other purposes.
When do we disclose your information?
GoDark may share your PII with the following parties:
- Service providers that provide GoDark with information technology, software as a service, cloud storage, or other administrative services;
- GoDark’s accountants, auditors, insurers, or attorneys;
- Law enforcement agencies upon the receipt of a subpoena or court order or where necessary to protect GoDark’s personnel or property; and
- Government bodies that require GoDark to report its processing activities.
GoDark may also transfer PII to third parties when it sells, transfers, or merges any part of its business or assets.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information, including when you place an order. However, no security measures are impenetrable and there are always security risks. GoDark will notify you and any regulatory body of any breach of your PII or GoDark security measures if it is legally required to do so.
GoDark has put into place data security measures to protect your PII. GoDark allows access to your PII only by employees and service providers who have a need to know or access your PII on GoDark’s instructions. GoDark will notify you and any regulatory body of any breach of your PII or GoDark’s security measures if it is legally required to do so.
Yes, as stated above, we may use persistent and session cookies. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
For how long do we retain your data?
We will only retain your PII for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected under this Privacy Notice or for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. With respect to location data, technical data, usage and interaction data, and marketing data, we may retain this data for so long as it is relevant to the uses disclosed in this Privacy Notice. We may retain account data, public data, and communications data for so long as you maintain a user account with GoDark, and we may retain this data for longer periods where there is a need to retain this data to comply with GoDark’s legal obligations, such as the preservation of electronic evidence or compliance with a preservation order.
Right of Access, Rectification, Correction, Erasure, Transfer, and Withdrawal
Under the law, you may have a right to request access to your PII for rectification, correction, erasure, transfer, or restriction, or to object to its processing or withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact GoDark’s Data Protection Officer as disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
You do not need to pay a fee to access your PII or to exercise your rights. However, GoDark may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unreasonable or excessive.
To confirm your request, GoDark may need to request specific information from you as a security measure to ensure that PII is not disclosed to an unauthorized third party. GoDark will attempt to respond to all legitimate requests within thirty (30) days.
Rights of European Citizens
GoDark adheres to the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (“DPF”) Principles, including the DPF’s Supplemental Principles, and complies with the Principles in handling all data from EU-citizens. GoDark is subject to the enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) in relation to its handling of user data.
If you are a European citizen, you are entitled to certain rights regarding the protection of your Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Data, which are subject to limitations set forth in the EU GDPR and its applicable case law.
These rights are:
- The right to access and correct the information that GoDark processes about you;
- The right to transfer all or a part of the information collected about you to another data controller, where it is technically feasible;
- The right to the erasure of data concerning you, subject to GoDark’s rights of retention under the law;
- The right to object to the processing of Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Data where you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is not lawful, GoDark no longer needs the information for the purposes of processing, or you have raised an objection for personal reasons;
- The right to revoke your consent to data processing;
- The right to object to the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Data for marketing purposes;
- The right to object to the processing of Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Data for direct marketing or for personal reasons that arise from your particular situation; and
- The right to file a complaint with a data protection authority.
To exercise these rights, you may either opt out of receiving communications from GoDark by unsubscribing to its e-mails or by sending an e-mail to customercare@GoDarkBags.com. You do not need to pay a fee to exercise these rights, however, GoDark reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is unreasonable or excessive. To confirm your request, we may need to request specific information from you as a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to an unauthorized third party. We will attempt to respond to all legitimate requests within thirty (30) days.
For further information regarding your privacy rights as a citizen of the EU, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Services at https://www.commerce.gov/ and the DPF overview webpage at https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/s/program-overview.
You can find a list of DPF certified organizations here: https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/s/
Beyond filing a complaint directly with GoDark using the mechanisms described above, you may also file a complaint with a third-party, neutral arbitrator who will provide appropriate recourse free of charge. If you are looking for an alternative dispute settlement provider, please visit https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-data-privacy-framework. JAMS is a US-based arbitration service provider. You are not required to use JAMS to arbitrate a dispute with GoDark.
As a citizen of the EU you may, under certain conditions, invoke binding arbitration against GoDark, and GoDark may be held liable in cases of onward data transfers to third parties as described more fully in DPF overview page linked above. GoDark may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Canadian Privacy Rights
GoDark complies Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We adhere to the 10 Principles outlined in the PIPEDA: 1. Accountability, 2. Identifying purposes, 3. Consent, 4. Limiting collection, 5. Limiting use, disclosure and Retention, 6. Accuracy, 7. Safeguards, 8. Openness, 9. Individual access and 10. Challenging compliance.
- collect sensitive data;
- collect, use, or disclose data outside the reasonable expectations of our users; nor do we
- collect, use, or disclose data in such a way that creates a meaningful residual risk of significant harm to our users or third parties.
If you are a Canadian citizen, you have the right to have a right to access the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of that information, and have that information amended as appropriate.
To exercise these rights, you may contact us at:
160 1917 West 4th Ave,
Your request should state your name and specify what you would like us to do with your personal information. You do not need to pay a fee to exercise these rights, however, GoDark reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee if your request is unreasonable or excessive. To confirm your request, we may need to request specific information from you as a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to an unauthorized third party. We will attempt to respond to all legitimate requests within thirty (30) days.
California Privacy Rights
The following rules apply solely to visitors, users, and others who are residents of the State of California. California residents have the right to be notified which categories of PII are being collected and the purposes for which the PII is being used. In particular, we collected the following categories of PII (A, B, D, E, and F) as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act within the last twelve months. Our uses of this PII are detailed above in this Privacy Notice:
Category Examples Collected
|Real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Consumer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
|Name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
|C. Characteristics of protected classifications under State or federal law
|Religious affiliation, ethnicity, etc.
|Records of products or services purchased.
|E. Biometric Data
|Fingerprints or footprints.
|F. Internet or other similar network activity
|Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a Services, application, or advertisement.
|G. Geolocation data
|Physical location or movements.
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
|I. Professional or employment-related information
|J. Educational information
We obtain the categories of PII marked “YES” in the above table directly from California residents when they complete forms through our Services or provide it to us as a part of a transaction or inquiry concerning our Services. We also obtain these categories of PII indirectly from California residents while observing their actions on our Services and from third parties or service providers that they have authorized to receive and share PII.
California residents have a right to request that we disclose what PII we collect from you and whether, and how, we disclose or sell that PII. California residents may also request that we delete any personal information collected or maintained by us from you.
California residents may also have the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information by contacting us or, where available, by clicking a link or icon associated with an advertisement. Specifically, this link or icon may state “Do Not Sell My Personal Information.” You may also visit our Do Not Sell webpage to learn more about your personal data rights. By selecting this link or icon, you “Opt Out,” which means that you have opted out of the sale of your personal information as set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act. However, even though you may have opted out, you may still see interest-based advertisements. To learn more about interest-based advertising across websites and additional opt-out choices, you can visit http://optout.aboutads.info. If you opt-out of the sale of your personal information but do not opt out of interest-based advertising more generally, you may still receive ads tailored to your interests based on PII that was not sold by us, personal information that was sold to downstream participants at least 90 days before you opted out, or personal information that was sold by other sources from which you have not opted out.
To submit a request for a list of the categories of personal information collected from you or to request that GoDark delete your personal information, please email us at customercare@GoDarkBags.com or send a letter to us at the following address:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
160 1917 West 4th Ave,
To verify your request, we may request certain information from you to confirm that you are a GoDark user, such as your phone number, username, email address, city, state, or geographic location. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request to GoDark to disclose or delete your personal information. To do so, you must provide GoDark with proof that the individual or business has been appointed as your agent, such as by providing a signed power of attorney form and provide accurate responses to any information requested by GoDark that may be necessary to confirm that you are a GoDark user, such as your phone number, username, email address, city, state, or geographic location. California residents have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by GoDark for their exercise of these rights conferred under California law.
GoDark does not conduct business in Colorado, control or process the personal data of 100,000 or more consumers during a calendar year, or derive revenue or receive a discount on the price of goods or services from the sale of personal data.
During the preceding calendar year, GoDark did not control or process the personal data of at least 100,000 consumers or derive more than 25% of our gross revenue from the sale of personal data.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you may provide notice to us to limit the sale of your PII to third parties for resale or licensing purposes. However, we do not sell your PII for such use. To notify us that you wish to limit the sale of your PII to third parties for resale or licensing purposes, you may send us an email to customercare@GoDarkBags.com with the subject line, “Nevada Do Not Sell Request,” along with your name, address, and user account information.
GoDark does not control or process the personal data of at least 100,000 Virginia residents or control or process the personal data of at least 25,000 Virginia residents and derive more than 50% of its gross revenue from the sale of personal data. For these reasons, the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (VCDPA) does not apply to GoDark’s collection and use of PII.
Third Party Links
GoDark’s Services may include links to third-party websites and applications. By clicking on third party links, you may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. GoDark does not control these third-party links and you are advised to review their respective privacy policies.
Responding to Do Not Track Signals
You can generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI Services and DAA Services. Our Services is not currently set up to respond to browser do-not-track signals because there is no consensus within the advertising industry as to what “do not track” means in this context, but you can configure your browser settings to reject all cookies or prompt you before a cookie is set.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Microsoft: http://choice.microsoft.com/de-DE/opt-out
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/settings/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/accounts/privacy_and_security/
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens’ Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age, and our products and services are to individuals 13 years of age or older. If you believe that we have collected PII from someone under the age of 13, you are directed to notify us immediately at customercare@GoDarkBags.com.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Whenever GoDark changes its Privacy Notice, we will post those changes to this Privacy Notice on the Services and other places that we deem appropriate. Your use of the GoDark Services following these changes indicates your consent to the practices described in the revised Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the manner by which we collect or use Personal Information about you, email us at customercare@GoDarkBags.com.